ARMY RECRUITING OFFICE PATIALA
ARMY RECRUITMENT RALLY AT 1 ADSR GROUNDS (OPPOSITE FLYING CLUB, PATIALA-SANGRUR ROAD), PATIALA – 01 AUG 2020 TO 13 AUG 2020
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS MANDATORY AND WILL BE OPEN FROM – 02 JUN 2020 TO 16 JUL 2020
1. Army Recruitment Rally will be held for eligible candidates of districts, Fatehgarh Sahib, Barnala, Mansa, Sangrur and Patiala (Punjab) from 01 Aug 2020 to 13 Aug 2020 at 1 ADSR grounds (Opposite Flying Club, Patiala-Sangrur Road), Patiala. Gates will be opened by 0300hrs and closed by 0800hrs on each day. Online registration is mandatory and will be open from 02 Jun 2020 to 16 Jul 2020. Admit Cards for the rally will be sent through registered e-mail from 17 Jul 2020 to 26 Jul 2020. Candidates should reach the venue on a given date and time as mentioned in the Admit Card.
2. Candidates will be screened for following Categories and as per Qualitative Requirements mentioned below:-
|Age (Years)||Born Between (Both dates inclusive)||Minimum Physical QR||
|Height (Cms)||Weight (Kgs)||Chest (Cms)|
|17½ to 21 Yrs||01 Oct 1999
01 Apr 2003
(+ 5 CM
|Cl 10th/Matric pass with 45% marks in aggregate and 33% in each subject. For Board following grading sys Min of D Grade (33-40) in each subject or grade which contains 33% and overall aggregate of C2 grade.|
|Soldier Technical||17½ to 23 Yrs||01 Oct 1997
01 Apr 2003
(+ 5 CM
Exam Pass in Science
with Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and English with min 50% marks in aggregate and 40%
marks in each subject.
|Soldier Technical Nursing Assistant (AMC)
/ Nursing Assistant Veterinary
|17 ½ – 23 Yrs||01 Oct 1997
01 Apr 2003
(+ 5 CM
|10+2 / Intermediate pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and minimum 40% in each subject.
10+2/intermediate pass in science with physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, and English with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 40% in each subject.
|17½ to 23 Yrs||01 Oct 1997
01 Apr 2003
(+ 5 CM
Exam Pass in any
and Science) with 60%
marks in aggregate and
minimum of 50% in each
subject. Securing 50%
in English and
Keeping in Class 12th is
|Note:- Education certificates issued by the Education board affiliated to listed by COBSE, AICTE, CBSE, and NIOS will only be considered.|
|Special Instructions – Physical standards
1. Applicants hailing from Kandi Area are eligible for following a relaxation in physical standards subject to producing Kandi Area Certificate signed by SDM:-
(a) Height (b) Weight – 48 kg (c) Chest – 77 Cms
(i) Sol GD & Sol Tech – 163 CM
(ii) Sol Clk/SKT – 162 CM
|Special Physical Standards (As applicable)|
|Class/Category||Height (Cms)||Weight (Kgs)||Chest (Cms)|
|Gorkhas both Nepalese and Indian||157||50||77(+ 5 CM
|Relaxation in Physical Standards @|
|Category||Height (Cms)||Weight (Kgs)||Chest (Cms)|
|Sons of Servicemen (SOS/Ex-Servicemen
(SOEX)/War Widows(SOWW)/Widows of Ex-Servicemen.
|Adopted Son/Son-in-Law of a War Widow, if she has no son including a legally adopted son of Serving Soldier/Ex-Servicemen.||
|Outstanding Sportsmen (International/National/ State/District level having secured 1st /2nd position in the last two years).||
|@ Note- Relaxation in Physical Standards is either forwards of servicemen/ ex-servicemen or sportsmen (not both) and is in addition to the Special Physical Standards.|
3. Candidates will be tested as stated below:-
|Physical Fitness Test (At Rally Site)|
|1.6 Km Run||Beam (Pull
|Zig – Zag
Need to Qualify
Need to Qualify
|Group I – Up till 5 Min 30 Sec||60||10||40|
|Group II – 5 Min 31 Sec to 5 Min 45 Sec||48||9||33|
|Physical Measurement (At Rally Site)
Physical Measurements will be carried out as per the Physical Standards listed in para 2 above.
(a) As per laid down medical standards at the Rally Site.
(b) Unfit candidates will be referred to as MH/ CH/ BH/ GH for specialist review. Candidates referred for specialist review should present themselves to the nominated MH/ CH/ BH on the 5th day from date of generation of medical review barring Sunday / Closed Holiday and report back to ARO for the issue of Admit Card for CEE, in the case declared FIT.
|Written Test through Common Entrance Examination (CEE)
(a) Will be conducted for medically fit candidates at the nominated venue. Location, date, and time of the Written Test will be intimated at rally site and through Admit cards.
(b) Admit Card for the CEE for the rally fit candidates will be issued at rally Site itself.
(c) Admit card for the CEE for Relaxation candidates (i.e. Relationship/ Sports/ NCC candidates) will be issued after verification from issuing authority.
(d) Admit Card for the CEE for review fit cases will be issued after getting medically fit by concerned specialist/specialist at MH/CH/BH.
4. Candidates are required to bring the following documents/certificate in original with two attested photocopies with them to the rally site:-
- Admit Card. Printed on Laser Printer on good quality paper (DO not shrink the size).
- Photograph. Twenty copies of unattested Passport size color photographs developed on good quality photographic paper in white background not more than three months old. Computerized/photoshopped photographs will NOT be
(c) Education Certificates.
- Education certificates with marks sheet of all educational qualifications achieved by candidates i.e. Matric/Intermediate/Graduation etc from recognized School / College /Board / University. Degree holder candidate will produce Provisional/Original Degree issued by University.
- Provisional/ online education certificate should be certified ink signed by the head of the educational institution of concerned Board/
- Candidates with matric certificate from Open School should bring School Leaving Certificate countersigned by BEO/
- Domicile Certificate. Domicile Certificate with photograph issued by Tehsildar/District Magistrate. The only computer-generated Nativity Certificate which can be verified from the Govt website will be acceptable.
- Caste Certificate. Caste Certificate affixed with the photograph of the candidate issued by the Tehsildar/District Magistrate. The only computer-generated Nativity Certificate which can be verified from the Govt website will be
- Religion Certificate. Religion certificate issued by the Tehsildar/SDM. (If religion as ‘SIKH/HINDU/MUSLIM/CHRISTIAN” is not mentioned in caste certificate).
- School Character Certificate. School Character Certificate issued by the School/College Principal/Headmaster.
- Character Certificate. Character Certificate with photograph issued by Village Sarpanch/Municipal Corporation within the last six months.
- Unmarried Certificate. Unmarried Certificate for candidates less than 21 years of age with photograph issued by Village Sarpanch/Municipal Corporation within the last six months.
- Relationship Certificate. SOS/ SOEX/ SOW/ SOWW Candidates are required to produce the following documents:-
- Relationship certificate issued from respective Record Office only duly signed by Record Officer with Personal number, Rank, Name, and particular of the Record Officer issuing the Relationship Certificate with office seal/stamp is endorsed. In addition, the candidate with also submits an affidavit duly affixed with joint photograph stating the relationship affirmed before a 1st Class Judicial Magistrate or notary. Format of affidavit attached as per Appendix ‘A’.
- A declaration to the affect as mentioned in the Affidavit on Ten Rupees Non-Judicial Stamp paper prepared by the ESM duly signed by 1st Class/ Executive/ Judicial Magistrate is required to be submitted by the candidate at the rally site. Format of affidavit attached as per Appendix ‘B’.
- Original Discharge Book of Ex-Serviceman also to be produced. Name and date of birth of the candidate must have been recorded in
- NCC Certificate. NCC A/B/C certificates and Republic Day Parade certificate should have a photograph of the candidate duly attested by issuing authority. Provisional NCC A/B/C pass certificates will only be accepted if authenticated by concerned NCC Group Commanders. However, the candidate has to produce the original certificate well before CEE to enable verification of the original
(m) Sports Certificate
- Sportsmen who have represented India at the International level and State at the National level within the last two years. For a list of sports under which, relaxation in physical standards is admissible, attention is invited to joinindarmy.nic.in website.
- Sportsmen who have represented District at State level and University team or regional team at District level with 1st / 2nd position within last two years. Sports Certificate should be with registration number and from Govt recognized sports institutes/bodies as under:-
|(aa)||All Sr/Jr National Championship||Respective National Federation.|
|(ab)||All-State & Dist level||Respective State Sports Association|
|(ac)||All University level Championship||Inter-University Sports Board.|
|(ad)||All School level Championship||All India School Game Federation.|
- Affidavit. Duly signed by candidate on Rs 10/- Non-judicial Stamp Paper as per specimen duly attested by notary will be submitted by the candidate. Format of affidavit attached as per Appendix ‘B’.
- Single Bank A/C, PAN Card & AADHAR Card. Single Bank A/C, PAN Card & Aadhar Card are mandatory documents for final enrolment for purpose of Pay & allowances and other social benefits scheme.
5. Special Instructions.
- Sikh candidates should bring 20 photographs in turban & 20 photographs without
- The full postal address to include post office, police station and pin code and class/caste to be mentioned in the
- Individual must bring their AADHAR Card and PAN Card for recruitment
- Vocational stream of 10+2 is not yet recognized as the equivalent of intermediates
6. Administration. Candidates are advised to bring sufficient eatables and drinking water with them since recruitment is a time consuming
7. Candidates will be permitted entry into the rally site only on the production of Admit Card in duplicate generated online through the official website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Anyone found with fake admit card will be handed over to Civil Police.
8. Recruitment into the army is a free service. Candidates are advised not to pay a bribe to anyone for recruitment as it is based purely on merit. The selection process during recruitment at all stages is computerized and transparent. Therefore, candidates are advised to be beware of touts as they cannot help them at any stage.
9. Candidates are advised to check their age & education criteria before participating in the rally. Candidates found under age/overage and not meeting education criteria will be
10. Giving/taking bribe, production of bogus/fake certificates and indulging in unfair means is a criminal offense and liable for punishment under
11. Certificates with overwriting, tampering of seals or erasing/alteration of any type will not be
12. All documents submitted by the candidates are verified by government agencies before enrolment into the Army. Strong legal action will be taken against individuals submitting fake documents. Even after recruitment, the service will be terminated if candidates are found to have produced fake documents or gave wrong information at the time of recruitment, despite the number of years of service individual may have
13. No compensation for Death/injury/loss etc during the rally and no traveling allowance/dearness allowance for journey is admissible. Candidates will participate in the rally at their own risk and the participation is totally and entirely voluntary. The signing of Indemnity Bond is a mandatory
- Use of Performance Enhancing Drugs. Use of any kind of performance-enhancing drugs is strictly banned. Candidates having been found to have used the same will be debarred from further
15. Tattoo. Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on the inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of the hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection.
- If 180 days or more lapse between screening medical at the rally and dispatch, medical will be done again and unfit candidates in this review will not be
- Selection is provisional till Rahdari Certificate is issued and candidates are dispatched for
- Mobile phones are not permitting in the rally site and at the time of the
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to undergo a medical exams before coming for selection especially with respect to flat foot, poor vision, deformities, and physical measurements. All are advised to ensure that their ears are free of wax by getting it cleaned by a doctor prior to the
- Candidates may have to present themselves at rally sites for three to four days. Candidates should make arrangements for a stay under their own
- Negative marking would be applicable in
- The result of written examination will be declared on the official website joinindianarmy.nic.in. No separate letter will be sent to the candidate. It is the responsibility of the candidate to check his result and report to ARO for documentation.
- For more details, contact our Help Line Number – 0175-2300013.
Disclaimer The terms and conditions, given in the notification and on the website are subject to change and should, therefore, be treated as guidelines only. In case of any ambiguity, the existing policies, rules, and regulations of the Indian Army/ Government of India will be final. Details are not available on the website www.indianarmy.nic.in.
Station: c/o 56 APO (Col RR Chandel)
Dated: 26 May 2020