Puducherry Benefits to Retired and Serving Defence Personnel
- Reservation in Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ posts at the rate of 10% and 20% respectively.
- Priority II in filling up of vacancies through Employment Exchange.
- Age concession of 3 years more in addition to the period of service rendered in Defence Service for appointment in State/Central Govt and Public Sector Undertakings.
- Sewing Machines to needy widows.
- Stipend of Rs. 250/- per month to ex-Servicemen trainees in ITIs.
- Subsistence allowance of Rs. 1500/- p.m. to II world War destitute veterans and their widows.
- Spectacle grant of Rs. 500/- to ESM once in life time.
- Reimbursement of cost of Hearing aid Rs. 1000/-.
- Reimbursement of cost of Denture Rs. 5000/-
- Grant-in-Aid of Rs. 25 lakhs from the State Budget for payment of Subsistance Allowance to World War II Veterans and their widows and other Welfare Scheme.
- Spot assistance of Rs. 5000/- for accident/severe injury cases.
- Cash incentive of Rs. 5000/- and Rs. 2500/- to ESM who acquire B.Ed., and DT. Ed, qualification respectively.
- Reimbursement of fees for learning typewriting/shorthand/book-keeping courses upto Rs. 3000/-
- Cash incentives for first three students in merit of Xth & XIIth classes at the rate of Rs. 1500/-, Rs. 1200/-, Rs. 1000/- and Rs. 2000/-, Rs. 1500/-, Rs. 1200/- respectively.
- Cash incentive of Rs. 5000/- for outstanding academic merit son/ward of ESM/widows for Gold/medal/first Three positions in the college/University in Graduation/Post Graduation/Ph.D in any discipline.
- Cash incentive for outstanding achievement in sports to ward of ESM/Widows of Rs. 2000/- for representing University, Rs. 5000/- for State and Rs. 10,000/- for country, and Rs. 2000/-, Rs. 3000/- and Rs. 5000/- for setting University/State/National Record
- Marriage grant of Rs. 10,000/- to one daughter of ESM/Widows without income ceiling for PBOR only.
- Death grant of Rs. 5000/- to the next of Kin on death of ESM/widows
- Note These financial assistance/grants are admissible to those ESM/widows whose
monthly income is less than Rs. 5000/- except in the case of serial No. 15 to 19 above.
- Horizontal reservation of 3% seats to wards of ex-Servicemen/widows in all Educational Institutions except medical seats where the reservation is 1% only.
- Reimbursement of School Tuition Fees/Cost of Uniform and books at the prescribed rates.
- Reimbursement of actual tuition fees for the professional courses like Engineering, Agriculture, Dental and Medical in colleges located in the Union Territory of Pondicherry.
- Free Medical treatment and allotment of bed to ex-Servicemen and their dependants by Govt Hospitals.
- 3% reservation in allotment of house sites/flats to ESM
- Free cloths to II World War Veterans and all widows once a year.
- Financial assistance to deserving ESM for treatment of serious diseases not covered under any State/Central Benefit schemes.
- Spot assistance to destitute old aged ESM/Widows.
Note:- The above benefits and concessions are subject to change as per Government Policy. Please approach respective Sainik Welfare office for latest orders.