Sainik Welfare benefits gov of Odisha
Sainik Welfare benefits gov of Odisha
- Reservation of 3 percent seats in Group ‘B’, ‘C’ and ‘D’ posts in State Govt services.
- Govt has approved the relaxation of educational qualification for ESM for appointment in any reserved posts for Class – III employees.
- Priority for sanction of loan to ex‑Servicemen for self‑employment ventures by State Financing Agencies.
- One seat each in 15 Secondary Teachers Training Schools for wards of ESM.
- Rs.500/‑ p.m. to World War-II veterans and their widows who are not drawing any kind of pension.
- 3% seats in MBBS, 2% in Engineering / Polytechnic/Engg School.
- 5% seats in Govt colleges for Defence personnel coming on posting.
- Free medical aid in Govt hospitals.
- Treatment, bacteriological examination and supply of medicines subject to availability in Govt Hospital. (Income limit Rs.6,400/‑ p.a.).
- 5 percent reservation in allotment of houses/flats for ESM/Widows in Orissa State Housing Board Schemes.
- Two Sainik Rest Houses in the State .
- Five acres of Agriculture land is given to those ex‑Servicemen who served in certain specified areas during 26 Oct 1962 to 31 Jan 1964.
- Allotment of One Std. acres of land to landless ESM upto the rank of NCOs within 5 Km village perimeter of native village.
- Payment of reclamation charges for acres of land @ Rs 250/- per acre to those who have been allotted 5 acres of land.
- Establishment of monitoring cell -Monitoring Cell at the District level has been established for the welfare of ESM.
- 3% reservation in selection of contract teachers in High School.
- 3% in Aurvedic and Homeopathic colleges.
- 3% in Health worker (Female) Training Courses in ANM Training Centres.
- 1% seats in Govt colleges.
- 2% seats in Hotel Management/catering tech/modern office management/pharmacy(Non Engineering Diploma Course) of govt womens polytechnic of Orissa.
- 2% seats in all colleges for wards of serving personnel killed in action.
- 3% seats in Basic Science College under Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology (1% each for children/wife of ESM, defence personnel killed in action and serving defence personnel).
- 2% seats in all it is for ESM/Children of Ex-Servicemen.
- Reservation in P.G. Courses in Utkal University i.e. one seats for children/war widows/ESM and 1% seats for children of serving personnel for each of the 27 PG. Courses.
- 2% seats in Diploma in Engg/Technology/Architecture/Beauty Culture in Government and Private Engg
- Exemption of holding Tax by the NAC/Municipality for Ex-Servicemen.
- 2% reservation in allotment of Houses/Fllats for ESM/Widows by Bhubaneswar Development authority.
- Preference to ESM for distributorship of OMFED Products and opening of Milk Parlour at Bhubaneswar, Rourkeia, Sambaipur, Balasore and Berhampur.
- One job will be provided as per eligibility to the dependent brother/sister or wife of deceased soldier in Orissa for martyrs of Op Vijay.
- Ex‑gratia grant to Next‑of‑kin of casualties of IPKF killed, wounded and missing is Rs.10,000/‑, Rs.5000/‑ and Rs.4,000/‑ respectively.
- Rs 2,00 lacs and monthly pension of Rs. 1275/- to NOKs of personnel killed in ‘OP VIJAY’ Kargil sector.
- One homestead plot 40 x 60 to be allotted at Bhubuneswar to the NOK of Op Vijay.
- Ex-gratia grant amounting to Rs. 50,000 to the NOKs of soldiers killed in UP Peace Keeping Force.
- Monthly grant in liew of land, if land if not available, ranging from Rs. 10,000/- to Rs. 1,50,000/- only to Gallantry Awardees up to NCO rank both serving soldiers and ESM who are landless.
Note:- The above benefits and concessions are subject to change as per Government Policy. Please approach respective Sainik Welfare office for latest orders.