Sikkim Benefits to Retired and Serving Defence Personnel
- 3 percent reservation in both Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ posts. Recruitment rules amended in respect of age and educational qualification of ex‑Servicemen. (State Govt. Notification No. 87/Gen/DOP dated 23 Mar 98).
- Ex‑Servicemen are inducted at suitable levels in State Police Force.
- Priority for self‑employment ventures.
- Stipend of Rs.250/‑p.m. to ex‑Servicemen trainees in ITIs.
- Old age pension of Rs.200/‑ p.m. for ESM / Widows attaining the age of 60 yrs.
- Financial assistance of Rs.1,500/‑ to widow on death of her husband and to the ex‑Servicemen on death of his wife Rs.1,000/-.
- Financial assistance of Rs 900/‑ p.a. to disabled Ex‑Servicemen for purchase/repair of artificial limbs.
- Free medical aid in Govt hospitals and financial grant of Rs.10,000/- for treatment in Delhi and Calcutta with accommodation facility.
- Daughter’s marriage grant Rs.1,500/‑ each upto two daughters.
- Financial assistance to orphan children of deceased servicemen Rs 100/‑ pm.
- World War II veterans are given financial assistance of Rs.150/- per month.
- Monetary grant and allotment of Jai Jawan Stalls to war widows.
- ESM ward as paying guest during the course of School sessions is being paid Rs 1000/- p.a. as Boarding school ward Rs 1500/- p.a. is being paid.
- Penury grant to widows of ex‑Servicemen not in receipt of any pension for any reason Rs.900/‑p.a.
- Free education/free books issued to children upto Class XII and free uniform/free day food issued to children upto Class V.
- Free education to children and stipend Rs 300/- p.a. upto Class VIII and Rs 350/-p.a. upto Class XII.
- Separate wards for Ex-Servicemen with 6 to 8 beds in district Hospitals.
- Sainik Rest Houses in the State.
- Exemption from payment of House Tax and Entertainment Tax.
- Exemption of electricity charges upto 100 units per month, to ex-Servicemen and widows w.e.f. Apr 95.
- 10 percent reservation in Fair Price Shops in each District and Priority -1 in allotment of Industrial Plots/Sheds.
- ESM/Widow being attained the age of 60 yrs and above free of cost Sikkim Nationalised Transport Bus Service is provided, within the State wef 01 Jan 1999.
- Rent Control and Land Tenancy Acts amended.
- A Govt job to any one member of the family to martyrs of OP Vijay.
- Ex‑gratia grants of Rs.2,00,000/‑ all ranks.
- Daughter’s marriage grant Rs.1,500/‑ each upto two daughters
- House building/repair grant Rs.15,000/‑.
- Ex-gratia grants of Rs. 2 lakhs to NOKs of every soldier who died in OP VIJAY.
- Free education to children and stipend Rs.300/‑ p.a. upto class VIII and Rs.350/‑ p.a. upto class XII.
- Allotment of a housing site to martyrs of Op Vijay.
Note:- The above benefits and concessions are subject to change as per Government Policy. Please approach respective Sainik Welfare office for latest orders.