Tripura Benefits to Retired and Serving Defence Personnel
- 2 percent reservation exist in Group ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ and ‘D’ posts. Recruitment rules amended in respect of age and educational qualification of ex-Servicemen.
- Relaxation of age limit for re-employment of ex-Servicemen in Govt Services.
- Relaxation to ex-servicemen on the matter of educational qualification when they seek re-employment in Police and Jail Deptt of the State Govt.
- Financial assistance to ex-Servicemen/Widows for petty business.
- Reservation of 2% seats in all educational institutes (Higher) for Ex-Servicemen/Widows/Wards of Ex-Servicemen under consideration of state Government.
- At concessional rates computer training given to ex-Servicemen, widows and dependent.
- Equation civil service trades for re-employment of ex-Servicemen.
- Death relief grant Rs 3000/-
- Stipend of Rs. 150/- p.m. to ex-Servicemen trainees in ITIs.
- Monthly maintenance allowances of Rs. 1,000/- p.m. to world War II veterans who are not in receipt of any type of pension.
- Ex-gratia of Rs. 2.00 lacs to Army/CPMF personnel killed in actual conduct of operation and Rs 1.00 lacs for those who killed in extremist violence other than operations in the state.
- Maintenance allowance of widows Rs. 600/- p.m. who are not in receipt of any pension.
- Grant of yearly stipend/book grants to school going children of ex-Servicemen studying in class I to XII. Besides, uniform grant is given to wards to ex-Servicemen upto class XII.
- Allotment of House- sites to war widows.
- 10 percent reservation of House-sites/Houses.
- Ex-Servicemen/widows have been partially exempted from payment of House Tax within Agartala Municipality.
- Rent Control Act and Land Tenancy Act have been amended to facilitate resumption of land/houses be ex-Servicemen.
- Priority for allotment of land to ex-Servicemen after SC and ST categories.
- Grant of special leave upto 15 days to ex-Servicemen in posts for replacement/repair of their artificial limbs.
- Sponsoring power to Secretary, RSB, Tripura for re-employment of ex-Servicemen.
- Secretary, RSB co-opted member of the selection committee for interview in case of ex-Servicemen to be interviewed for State Govt undertaking.
- Exemption from production of citizenship certificate by ex-Servicemen.
- SEMFEX II & III Schemes introduced in the States.
- Priority will be given for service to one member of the family of Battle Casualty.
- Sewing machine are presented to widows of deceased Ex-Servicemen from Rajya Sainik Board as one time measure for self-employment.
- A lump sum Ex-gratia Grant to NOK/War widows of deceased defence personnel amounting to Rs 2,500/- from Amalgamated Special Fund.
- The NOK of those who made the supreme sacrifice shal be given a token financial assistance of Rs. 2.00 lacs and also a permanent job under the state Government.
- Those wounded or disabled and rendered unfit for military service will be given a token financial assistance of Rs 1.00 lacs and also a permanent job under the state Government.
- Where the family of those who had achieved martyrdom and those wounded or disabled in action, is homeless, a house will be provided under any of the existing schemes of the state Government.
- Where the family of those who has achieved martyrdom and wounded or disabled in action, is landless a homestead land wil be allotted.
Note:- The above benefits and concessions are subject to change as per Government Policy. Please approach respective Sainik Welfare office for latest orders.