- Pension of Rs 1000/-pm paid to word war-II veterans.
- Housing grant of Rs 5000/- paid to NOK of battle casualty/disabled ESM.
- Establishment of `Uttarakhand Purv Sainik Nigam Ltd’ for re-employment of ESM in various services.
- Free pre recruitment training at Dehradun and Almora to wards of ESM for recruitment in Military/Para Military/Police etc. 500 wards are being trained every year. Rs. 20 lacs provision in the budget for financial year 2007-08.
- Fre training in stitching & embroidery at Mahila Training & production Centre Pauri for training widows/daughters of ESM stipend of Rs. 250/- pm paid to trainees.
- Free Computer training is being organised in all Districts for ESM/wards of ESM, Training programme includes six months diploma courses and three months certificate courses. 450 students trained.
- 5% reservation for ESM in Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ posts in State Govt jobs.
- 25% reservation for wards of serving & ESM in Sainik School Ghorakhal. Rs. 22694/- is being provided by State Govt as tuition fees.
- 4 Seats reserved in graduate level courses in Govind Ballabh Pant University, Pantnagar.
- 8% reservation in Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) in the State.
- 2% reservation in MBA/MCA/Engineering courses in educational Institutes of the State.
- 3% reservation in Govt Polytechnic.
- 3% reservation in Basic Teaching Course (BTC).
- 15% reservation in allotment of State rout permits.
- Land Tenancy Act to facilitate ESM in resumption of their own houses/land.
- 8% reservation in allotment of Fair Price Shops to war widows, personnel disabled in action and other ESM.
- 23 Sainik Rest Houses are existing in the State. One State level Sainik Rest House at Dehradun, three District level rest Houses at Haridwar, Rudraprayag, Rudrapur respectively and one Rest House at Tehsil level Chaukhutia) are under construction. 21 Sainik Rest Houses at Tehsil level are proposed from Uttarakhand Police & Armed Forces Sahayta.
- Ex-gratia to dependent of battle casualty (fatal) Rs.1.60 lacs for officers and Rs.1.00 lac for JCOs/ORs.
- Ex-gratia to battle casualty (non-fatal) and boarded out , Rs. 75,000/- for officers and Rs. 55,000/- for JCOs/ORs.
- Grant of Rs. 30,000/- for daughter’s marriage of martyrs/war disabled soldiers upto Hav rank.
- For special treatment of Cancer, Heart transplant, plastic surgery and Neurosurgery at Govt hospital/Army Hospital/SGPT/AIMS/Army Command Hospital up to 75% of expenditure.
- One time survival grant of Rs. 11,000/- to needy ESM up to Hav rank.
Annual Education Grant
- Rs. 1000-1800 from class Ixth to post graduation.
- Rs, 12000/- for Research.
- Rs.2500/- for coaching for higher education.
- Rs. 1800/- for courses being run by Industrial Training Institutes (ITI).
- Rs 2200/- for certificate/diploma courses.
- Rs 3200/- for Graduation courses, BSc/BDs/BBA etc.
- Rs 5200 for MBBS, B.Tech, M.Tech etc.
- Rs. 12,000/- for computer courses recognized by Central Govt and recognized Universities.
FOR OP VIJAY
- Ex-gratia of Rs 10.00 lacs to the w ards of Kargil Martyrs.
- Ex-gratia of Rs. 1.00 to 2.00 lacs to disabled soldier.
- Pension of Rs. 5000/- pm to widows and Rs. 2500/- pm to parents.
- Free education up to graduation level.
- Scholarship of Rs. 100/- pm up to class 8th Rs. 200/- pm up to class 12th and Rs. 300/- pm up to graduation.
- Green Card to widows and disabled soldier.
FROM ‘UTTARKHAND PUNARVAS SANSTHA’
Scholarships for Dependent of ESM & widows
- Rs 2000/- per year for Class-XI and XII.
- Rs 3000/- per year for Graduation level courses.
- Rs 4000/- per year for Post Graduation level courses.
- Rs 2000/-per year for Industrial Trg Institute (IIT Courses).
- Rs 4000/- per year for Basic Teaching Courses (BTC), Hotel Management and other diploma courses .
- Rs 10000/- per year for Graduation level Technical courses.
- Rs 15000/- per year for Post Graduation courses (Engineering, Medical, Veterinary, Agricultural, IT, M. Ed etc from recognized institutes.
- Rs 10000/-per year for PHD (Research)
- Marriage grant of Rs 15000/- upto two daughters of widows only.
- Interest subsidy on loan taken for self emp of Rs 1500 to 27,500 for loan upto Rs 5.00 lacs.
- Financial Assistance of Rs 1500 to widows for purchasing stitching/embroidery machine.
- Financial Assistance for purchase of Artificial limb, Tricycle etc. Income ceiling not more than Rs 4000/-pm.
- Rs 20,000/- One time grant for repair/construction of house damaged during Natural Calamities, incase damage is more than 50%.
- Financial Assistance of Rs 5000/- per annum to disabled ESM admitted in Paraplegic Centres at Kirkee, Mohali and St. Dunstan’s Institute, Dehradun.
- Spot grant of Rs 500/-to 1000/- to needy ESM/Widows at District level.
- Assistance of Rs 5000/- per head for normal medical treatment and Rs 60000/- or 75% of the expenditure for serious ailments (for non pensioners only).
- For conducting Zila Sainik Kalyan Parishan Meeting Rs 2500/-per year.
- For conducting ESM Rallies Rs 2 lacs at the state level and Rs 15000/- at District level.
Note:- The above benefits and concessions are subject to change as per Government Policy. Please approach respective Sainik Welfare office for latest orders.