Uttar pradesh Benefits to Retired and Serving Defence Personnel
- 15 percent reservation in allotment of State Route Permits.
- Interest subsidy on loan from Banks, by UP Sainik.
- Priority in allotment of Fair Price Shops to War Widows personnel disabled in action and other ex-Servicemen.
- Stipend of Rs. 250/- p.m. to ex-Servicemen trainees in it is (Pre-cum-post Release Training).
- Re-imbursement of the amount incurred on medical treatment in civil hospitals, by the UP Sainik Punarvas Nidhi.
- Payment of Rs. 1000/- p.m. to ex-Servicemen of World War II and widows.
- Maintenance grant of Rs. 600/- p.m. to disabled ex-Servicemen undergoing training in QMTI, Kirkee.
- A lump sum amount of Rs. 20,000/- to the ex-Servicemen and their widows and disabled ex-Servicemen, under Indira Awas Yojna (7thpriority)
- War Jagir Allowance of Rs. 100/- p.a. for 5 years to the parents of those individuals, enrolled in the Armed Forces during National Emergency.
- Children of Defence Personnel who are awarded PVC, MVC, VrC are given exemption from tuition fee, cost of uniform and hostel fees at the stipulated rates.
- 1 percent seats reservation in Medical colleges, 2 percent in Engineering College, 5 percent in Polytechnic and 8 percent in ITIs. There is no domiciliary restriction for admission in professional colleges.
- Educational aid (stipend) from UP Sainik Punarvas Nidhi at rates varying from Rs. 400/- to Rs. 2,800/- p.a. for different level of education.
- 3 percent reservation in allotment of house plots and shops to the serving personnel, ex-Servicemen and dependents of those killed in action, built by UP Awas-Vikas Parishad and the Vikas Pradhikaran, of the state
- Sainik Rest Houses in the state.
- Rent Control Act and Land Tenancy Act have been amended to facilitate ex-Servicemen in resumption of houses/land.
- Free legal aid for settlement of disputes.
- A number of War Memorial hostels have been set up at various Regimental Centres.
- Priority in allotment of Gram Sabha land by the Land management Committee to service Personnel killed (1st Priority), disabled in war (2nd Priority) and landless ex-Servicemen (6th Priority).
- Priority in allotment of Defence land up to 5 acres on lease for 5 years by Cantt Board to those ex-Servicemen who do not hold more than 2.5 acres of land.
- Financial assistance to ex-Servicemen in distress.
- Formation of ex-Servicemen Welfare corporation Ltd w.e.f. 1989.
- Priority in employment of two dependents.
- Special Financial assistance of Rs. 15,000/- to families of Service personnel killed and Rs. 10,000/- to those disabled in OP Pawan and Op Meghdoot.
- Housing grant of Rs. 10,000/- (lump sum amount)
- Daughter’s marriage grant of Rs. 10,000/- by UP Sainik Punarvas Nidhi.
- Ex-gratia grant of Rs. 10 Lac to martyrs of Op Vijay.
- Rs. 5,000/- p.m. as pension to widows of Kargil martyrs/job for one dependent.
- Full exemption from tuition fee, hostel charges, cost of books/stationery and uniform (in Govt and Regimental Schools)
- First priority in allotment of land to war widows.
Note:- The above benefits and concessions are subject to change as per Government Policy. Please approach respective Sainik Welfare office for latest orders.